About Me

My photo
My name is Samantha, though anymore people just call my Sam, which is okay, but I do prefer Samantha. I still have a whole life ahead of me, and even though it may get tough and complicated at times, I still find ways to get through it. I am surrounded by people I absolutely love and adore, as well as people who are just there, but that is pretty much the life of a human. I absolutely love school, it's the one thing in life that I am good at. I hold a steady job and get involved in clubs at school. I absolutely love Forensics club, and its not the study of dead bodies, but rather a speech club. For the most part, people like me and I have a deep way of thinking most of the time, even though I try not to show it, but perhaps, in this blog, I just might.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Problems and Answers

On the outside, today was just a normal and average everyday day. There was nothing exciting. I sat around really, played some monopoly, and watched some television. But other then that, I didn't really do a whole lot on the outside. But the whole while, I'm screaming. Literally.

My thoughts have literally just been going crazy. From one topic to another. From one friendship to another. From one hardship to another. Over and over again. Never once stopping, never once giving me a chance to catch my spiritual breathe.

I wish I had all the answers to my problems, to the worlds problems even. But as I sit here and truly think about having all the answers, I wonder if that would even help. Sometimes knowing the answers doesn't really do a darn thing for you. For example: Say you are in your math class and you stumble across a problem that you just don't know. No matter how long you look at it and try to figure it out, you just can't. And luck so has it, that the answer is in the back of the book. So obviously, you go figure out what it is. But there is a problem with that.

Yes, now you have the answer, and you know what the solution is, but you still don't know how to get to it. What is the point of an answer if it doesn't really do anything beneficial for you. If you just get the answers handed to you every single time, you really don't learn anything in the end. You are left just as ignorant as you started and you are getting no where in life.

Now, talk about depressing. Mainly because as much as you wish there was, there aren't any short cuts in life. You have to work through your problems. You have to either find the solutions, or live with the fact that there really isn't one, and that can be absolutely horrible. But when it boils down to it, there really is no other choice.

But lets get to my ultimate point. Even as I sit here wishing I knew the answers to all the problems in my life and wishing I knew all the answers to the world's problems, I don't. And I probably never will and there isn't anything I can do about that. But there is something that I can do to make things a little better.

I can stop making my problems so damn important. I can stop making the need to have an answer so damn important. Because when you sit there and try and try and try to find answers and you don't, what happens? You get upset. You get mad. You get angry. You get depressed. Everything just seems to fall apart.

Now I'm not saying that we need to avoid our problems in life, just that we don't need to make them our priority. By doing that we are just ruining ourselves, our moods, and the moods of the people around us. And in the end, nothing is really worth that.

1 comment: